Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Back in the Saddle

One year ago I declared my intention to "blog" regularly.  Now I look back and see it has been two years since I've added anything here. After perusing a couple "drafts" from Spring 2014, I decided to post them and then add the missing photos which are what held me up in the first place.

Okay, here goes my new attempt (which is also waiting on photos.)

Lately you could be following the rabbit tracks down to Iowa City on a fairly regular basis.  DS Eric and I have been meeting for coffee on some of his late start days at the U.  Today we were over at the Bread Garden Market because he particularly wanted to try Stroompwafels with his coffee. Apparently you set the wafels over your hot black coffee which warms with yummy innards and then you much them with great contentment.  I don't know, because he decided his machiato was not hot enough for the purpose.  Update coming (I hope.)

After coffee we wandered over to the Iowa City Public Library.  Roaming the stacks made me very aware of all we have lost in Cedar Rapids due to the flood.  Even though we have made good efforts at restoring the library's collection, we have lost so much! And on top of that our voters have decided that asking for more funding is too extreme.

Not to end on a down note.  It is a beautiful day outside (even with the wind.)  Thankfully we were not blown away by the storms last night. I have new fibers to set out and a fiber show to prepare for in the Amanas this weekend. We will also be celebrating Eric's 19th birthday.  This means we have been in Iowa for nearly 20 years!

1 comment:

Katy said...

You are off to a good start on your blogging ramp up !!