Friday, November 1, 2013

Autumn beauty

I love Autumn days like this. . 
and this.
 It would have taken me all day to travel home from St Charles, IL and SOAR if I had stopped for every photo opp.  Instead I chose to click as I drove and hope for some decent shots
 The hills heading into Galena were roller coaster-esque.
 By the time I hit Dubuque the sun was beginning to set which left me an hour of driving with the sun in my eyes.  It led to some beautiful photographs though.

 Moving forward to 30 October 2013.  I awoke this morning to overcast skies but by the time I left my friends house the fog had truly settled in.  How I love a cold, foggy, rainy Fall day.


 And finally. . . the last rose of Autumn.  Gertrude Jekyll challenging the frost.





1 comment:

auntieheather said...

Those are gorgeous photos!!!