Saturday, February 13, 2016

Creative Chaos

My house is a mess.  On some levels this is a pain but on others it is invigorating.
Walls showing off old paint colors, primer and new colors all at once - in the kitchen, the dining room and the family room.  I'm trying to restrain myself and not overreach. I'm still wearing remnants of grout from tiling a tub surround this morning.

These are things I did not think I would be doing again 5 years ago as I was doing my weekly chemo treatment. Even though I wasn't worrying about being alive to make all this creative chaos I really didn't think I would have the energy to do it.  I don't have the energy I did 5 years ago, but I'm learning to adapt and am enjoying the feeling of making a mess.

On a less messy plane  I have several knitting projects going and have been spinning more and more. I will never catch up with my plans and I will never come close to using up my stash, but I am moving forward and hopefully helping others along the way with their creaive journeys.
Earth - Fiddle Knits Elements
Handspun yarn with my needle lace Monarch
which I started at Lace on the Prairie


Pictures hopefully coming soon.

No comments: