Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stash Down A-Z

I joined a new group in October on Ravelry.  Created by Bungalow312, this group is dedicated to working through our stash and our Ravelry queues.  Yes, we have admitted that we need to do something about it, one letter at a time.  Starting with A in November 2011 we will work through the alphabet finishing at least one project a month.

I am very proud of my November finished project:  The 10 year Aran Cardi.  I started spinning the yarn for this project about 10 years ago from a friend's Corriedale sheep wool which she combed for me.  I began the designing and knitting about 4 years ago, then it "rested" for a while before I began seriously knitting on it as part of another Ravelry group dedicated to finishing projects.  I love the pewter polar bear buttons which I used on a sweater in College and am now recylcing here.


Link to my Ravelry project page to find out more. ARAN CARDI
(you do have to be a Ravelry member to check it out)

No comments: