Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Celebrating the New Year, spinner-style


Roc Day, January 7th: the day spinners would traditionally go back to work after the Christmas holidays.  I invited my spinner and knitter friends to join me.  Alas, the snow kept most of them away, but I did do some spinning. 

We finished celebrating on Monday, January 11th.  Vicky took this picture of some of the wheels in my front room.  All together there were 9 of us spinning and knittting and chatting and eating.




This is me with my Lendrum saxony wheel.  I am spinning wool which is purchased from a cyber, fiber friend, Cary of Serenity Farms in Michigan.  The fiber is lovely dark wool with dyed silk flecks.  It has been great fun to spin and will make a lovely springy yarn for a hat or mittens.

Hopefully, I will have pictures to share soon.

Thanks Chris, JoAnne, Vicky, Sue, Deb, Linda, Jody and Tyler (her son) for joining me.

Here is my charge for the New Year: spin every day!

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Thanks Rebecca, I had a great time :)!!!